When we first moved into our house, our bedroom closet had a deadbolt lock on it – on one side a key hole, and the other a knob (some deadbolts have key holes on both sides). What was weird was that the key hole side was inside the closet and the knob facing the bedroom. If you can’t visualize that, you could essentially lock someone in the closet if they didn’t have a key. Freaked me the hell out.
When we got the locksmith re-keying all the locks in the house, he turned around that deadbolt so that the key hole side was facing the bedroom. We were thinking of removing it but he said to keep it because it’s perfect if you had people coming over to work on the house or on vacation, you could just put everything in the closet and lock things up.
Every once in awhile, when I think about the lock, I still get freaked out. What the hell was that used for? Who was locked in the closet? Is the paint on the door covering up finger nail scratches on the door from someone clawing their way out? Was it one of those kinky closets? I kinda want to know and kinda don’t either. The locksmith had said maybe it was for some crazy kid or crazy older person. Who knows except for that person who put that lock in there in the first place.
I’m back from the snowboarding trip @Kirkwood. My wife and I left with the “firm” on Friday afternoon to go up to Kirkwood. We went snowboarding pretty much all day Saturday (I’m really sore today), kicked back on Sunday morning and left in the afternoon and now back to doing some work.
The snowboarding trip was fun, just did the bunny slopes and got the hang of it after a couple runs down the slope. Nothing too exciting though it was definitely fun and exhausting.
Some more thoughts:
– Snowboarding in the Spring is fun, not too busy, sunny and hot, and the snow isn’t too slushy or hard just yet.
– This is a great time of the year to buy snow gear.
– I finally did get a chance to hear Mitchell on NPR Science Friday. She did a *great* job.
– I also downloaded the lastest Thunderbird and was pleasantly surprised to see inline spell checking when composing email. Very happy! Apparently it got checked-in last January but turned on by default recently.
– Noticed there was more talk about the Seamonkey plans. Ack.
– And this is going to be just a very busy week at work capped off by a Half Ironman this Saturday @Lake San Antonio aka the Wildflower course.
Hmm…this week is going to be fun.
Our (Katina and me) friend Luz Herrera will be on TV. Luz is very, very cool, and I think still single. Anyhow, I’m very happy for her and maybe she can go on and do some sort of tv career – she’s cute enough for it.
Everyone is getting on tv this year it’s amazing, Blake on ABC News, I got on German TV somehow, my friend Christine was dancing with her team on the Letterman show, and now Luz.
Here are some more photos.
We need some help here. We just painted our house a “post card perfect” blue. We need a second opinion.
– Is the house too blue and repaint, or should we keep this color?
The reason we ask is that it seems to be a very bright blue and it doesn’t really match the neighborhood, it stands out a bit.
But we have gotten some compliments from neighbors, but they could also be trying to be nice.