Some things I've discovered recently:
- Redwood Room Bar at the Clift hotel in San Francisco; it's very cool, lots of pretty people, good drinks (though overpriced) but just a beautiful room. I don't get out much.
- Dirty Girl's dry farmed Early Girl tomatoes, they taste good out of hand
- Calorie Restriction diet (and Red wine?) let's you live longer supposedly. The calorie restriction diet makes sense, basically decreasing your basal metabolic rate by eating less but this doesn't sound very fun.
- Peerless coffee (where Dad gets his peanuts sometimes) is pretty good, another Oakland based coffee roaster (others are Mr. Espresso, Luigi's Dad's company; and Blue Bottle). Starbucks is such a joke.
- Yosemite National Park is really cool, lots to explore. The Half Dome hike was fun. To have only been there twice isn't good since it's really kinda close, only 3+ hours away.