I've been on a little shopping tear lately. Here's what I(we) have bought:
– ordered (not yet bought) a new car
– cast iron dutch oven for camping (on sale! @Amazon)
– GoldTouch keyboard (ergonomically sound)
– Humanscale keyboard tray
– Tom Bihn cafe bag (it's NOT a purse!)
– iCurve laptop stand
Our home office is coming together and becoming ergonomically correct. Already have Steelcase Leap chair that's pretty awesome and our furniture is nice too. I have some more kitchen stuff to buy and then get some more shirts to wear to work. It's getting to be pretty bad when I have Firefox and Mozilla polo shirts as shirts I wear on the weekend (not that I mind, but just shows I need more clothes).
Just ordered today. Now we have to wait 10 weeks, haggle a bit (can't pay more than a bit over invoice), and then pay it off.
It's pretty cush with a great turning radius.
I guess it took a half Ironman on Saturday and eating smart this week to get me down under 180lbs. I was hovering around 185-188lbs the last several months and trying to break under 180lbs. I should get to 175lbs in a couple weeks, and *maybe* 165lbs by Ironman time in August.
Curiously, I was 185lbs at Ironman Canada last year, felt great but that was way too much weight and it showed.
My metabolism is going nuts. I love it.
I'm back from the snowboarding trip @Kirkwood. My wife and I left with the "firm" on Friday afternoon to go up to Kirkwood. We went snowboarding pretty much all day Saturday (I'm really sore today), kicked back on Sunday morning and left in the afternoon and now back to doing some work.
The snowboarding trip was fun, just did the bunny slopes and got the hang of it after a couple runs down the slope. Nothing too exciting though it was definitely fun and exhausting.
Some more thoughts:
– Snowboarding in the Spring is fun, not too busy, sunny and hot, and the snow isn't too slushy or hard just yet.
– This is a great time of the year to buy snow gear.
– I finally did get a chance to hear Mitchell on NPR Science Friday. She did a *great* job.
– I also downloaded the lastest Thunderbird and was pleasantly surprised to see inline spell checking when composing email. Very happy! Apparently it got checked-in last January but turned on by default recently.
– Noticed there was more talk about the Seamonkey plans. Ack.
– And this is going to be just a very busy week at work capped off by a Half Ironman this Saturday @Lake San Antonio aka the Wildflower course.
Hmm…this week is going to be fun.
Our (Katina and me) friend Luz Herrera will be on TV. Luz is very, very cool, and I think still single. Anyhow, I'm very happy for her and maybe she can go on and do some sort of tv career – she's cute enough for it.
Everyone is getting on tv this year it's amazing, Blake on ABC News, I got on German TV somehow, my friend Christine was dancing with her team on the Letterman show, and now Luz.