- Sadly, we're still in Iraq. One of the longest wars the US has been in.
- Dems become majority in Congress.
- Dow hits all time high, past 1200.
- MySpace and YouTube get bought up. Demonstrates the importance of community, the ability to build a brand quickly, and how crazy people are from the people who put up content, to the buyers of these companies.
- Google breaks $400 nears $500.
- Apple switches all of it's product line to Intel chips.
- IE 7 and Firefox 2 ship in Q4.
- Tesla cars are launched.
- Zune, PS III, Wii are launched.
- Blogging, user-generated content (yuck) become more prominent.
- Steelers win Super Bowl. Vince Young and Texas wins BCS bowl.
- Miami Heat win NBA Finals
- St. Louis Cardinals win World Series. Oakland A's win a play off series.
- Floyd Landis wins Tour de France but w/ doping controversy.
- Agassi retires from Tennis.
- Ed Bradley, James Kim, James Brown, Coretta Scott King, Saddam Hussein, Gerald Ford
- Lots of vacations, Hawaii 2x, Disneyland, Kirkwood trips, Canada. :)
- Lots of house fixing, pipes, porch, landscaping, insulation, painting, just about everything.
- Ironman Canada number 3 complete.
- Leave Mozilla, create Browser Garage start-up (scary).
- Too much pretentious food talk. Did enjoy Gary Danko, Lalimes, French Laundry, that Sushi place in SF, and Kirala this year.
I didn't like 2006 very much. I did like the fact that I got some rest though. That's about it.