I’m #813, for this second year of Ironman St. George. While I swore never again to do this race — it’s that hard and miserable, I ended up signing up again.
A few reasons:
- I really liked the finisher’s shirt and I want another one
- The coach we work with is doing the race, among other friends
- the Utah bike course is gorgeous
- this course kicked my butt last year and I didn’t like that
- it’s drivable although this year I’m breaking up the drive into two, first LA and then Las Vegas
- needed a race to stay in shape
We’ll see how it goes. Last year I did this race in 15:42:17 (fifteen hours and 42 minutes). I’m going to see if I can do it in under 14 hours, but I’ll be happy to just finish and get my t-shirt.