I've been experimenting with different communication tools lately: Facebook, Twitter, text, Google Voice, Skype, email, etc, and blog posts have been few and far between — mostly due to writer's block, a bit of posting and un-posting, and uncertainty as to who's actually reading what I write.
It's obvious the majority of my friends aren't reading my blog posts but I can probably do a better job of linking Facebook and Twitter to this blog.
Anyhow, short update:
- We're on version 3.1.4 for Thunderbird, working on Thunderbird 3.2 due out later this year;
- Working through updating Mozilla Messaging to coincide with mozilla.org/.com updates;
- Wrapped up Ironman Canada in August (and Ironman St George last May), signed up for Ironman St George for next year;
- Starting up trail running and doing a lot of it in the East Bay hills, which is neat, this is in place of road running which is super high impact;
- Might be re-upping to be an Executive Board Member for Alameda Council, BSA;
- Doing some more Boy Scout related stuff this year mainly driving and camp outs (local program is good, National politics not so good);
- We have a 10 year wedding anniversary trip in November to Turks and Caicos;
- Starting to plan for snowboarding outings, hopefully will be another good snow year;
- and then we're in 2011. That was quick.
I'll post some race reports and photos soon from Canada, and a few things I've stumbled upon and like. Turns out at the age of 34 and male and married, I'm in the very desirable target market for a lot of companies and I'm obviously observant of the advertising being thrown at me/us. Some of the marketing does make it through unfortunately.
The other next up is figuring out how to integrate blog, Twitter, Facebook, email a little better. It's not as cohesive as I'd like.