I’m not getting one until I get back (and unfortunately my Apple employee friends don’t get discounts on them yet so I may wait a little longer, not sure yet).
But here are the specs for $1,717:
- 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
- 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM – 2×512
- 80GB Serial ATA drive
- SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Keyboard/Mac OS – U.S. English
- Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook/iBook – Auto-enroll
- AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth
This is going to be my new work/play computer. Our home computer is Mac Mini w/ a 23″ display. We have a pretty phat computer set-up, w/ AT&T DSL Pro, wireless network (wireless printing)…happy, happy.
Not much more you can ask for. As far as software is concerned I use:
- Firefox daily builds
- Thunderbird for email/addressbook
- Seamonkey for Composer
- iPhoto, iTunes, iChat
- Flickr uploader
- Not often: Word, Excel, Keynote
And that’s it. All the other apps I use are through Firefox.